All Juvenile Articles

Juvenile Dependency Proceedings

Juvenile or child dependency proceedings determine whether a child’s parent or guardian is abusive or neglectful. In dependency proceedings, the juv...

read more

Teen Sexting in Washington

With the proliferation of cell phone use, especially among teenagers, the practice of “sexting”—sending nude or sexually suggestive photos by te...

read more

Parents' Civil Liability for a Child's Acts

From Brian Wilson’s “Little Deuce Coupe” to the Boss’s “Pink Cadillac,” teenagers and automobiles have always gone together like Prince an...

read more

Parent's Responsibility for Childs Criminal Actions

Junior and some of his high school pals broke into a neighbor’s garage and made off with some expensive tools. They got busted and now, on top of th...

read more

Fake ID Penalty

False identification documents, or fake IDs, have probably been around as long as the real thing. Having the proper identification allows you any ...

read more

Child Abuse

Children occupy a special place in the law. Legal systems presume that children do not have the mental capacity to care for themselves or make the...

read more

Minor in Possession of Alcohol

Minor in possession laws (sometimes called underage drinking laws) target sales of alcohol to minors and public possession of alcohol by minors.

read more

Incorrigibility Laws

The law treats crimes committed by children very differently than adults. Criminal acts by juveniles—people under the age of 18—are dealt with thr...

read more

Teenage Vandalism Laws

The crime of vandalism, sometimes called malicious mischief, criminal mischief, or property damage, occurs whenever someone intentionally damages ...

read more

Juvenile Theft

When a juvenile—a person under the age of 18—commits a crime, the act is dealt with through the juvenile justice system and not the criminal j...

read more

Talk to a Lawyer

Want to talk to an attorney? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys